This school year, SCETV Education “rolled out” a new service designed to promote student achievement, celebrate best teaching practices and meet the needs of our South...
Be Prepared … NEW ETV Services Coming in August!
SC educators will retain access to FREE resources in Knowitall.org “StreamlineSC Collection” and national content in South Carolina’s PBS LearningMedia. Even though the Learn360 content base provided for the last few years in ETV’s StreamlineSC will be ending August 31, 2017 due to funding decreases and new services for the 2017-18 school year, SC Teachers will continue to have access to free multimedia!
ETV has provided a wealth of free digital media content to SC schools through the StreamlineSC service for over a dozen years. StreamlineSC has gone through upgrades and changes along the way, but now the need is trending for one-to-one lessons.
Free resources are still available for SC teachers and students! You’ll find the rich, diverse programs that SCETV has produced along with some national programs with rights for SC schools to use housed in the new “StreamlineSC Collection” in Knowitall.org. And … popular national programming such as The Magic School Bus will still be available!
PLUS, with our new ETV Education site, SC educators are able to find content and professional development easily! And, the ETV Education blog with current information is “right at your fingertips!” VISIT: scetv.org/education
FAQs (what you need to know!)
- Due to funding decreases and new ETV services on the horizon, Learn360 national content will no longer be provided through ETV AFTER August 31, 2017. Learn360 is working with the state to become a state vendor; districts and schools that would like to continue with Learn360 after the state contract expires can work with them for pricing.
- SC educators will still be able to access or keep the content produced by ETV and national content ETV has rights to provide that SC schools currently use in StreamlineSC.
- This “local” content is being housed in the “StreamlineSC Collection” in Knowitall.org. Created for K-12 students, teachers and parents, Knowitall content is optimized for tablets and mobile devices. More content is being added every day! Explore what is available with more to come. Go there.
- If you have any of this “local” content downloaded or copied, you may keep it for use. Access list of programs/series you may keep here. (NOTE: List has been updated. Please check again if you accessed previously.)
- ETV will continue to make available popular national series such as The Magic School Bus!
- Plus, SC educators will have access to the national content contained in South Carolina’s PBS LearningMedia.org - 88,000+ research-based, classroom-ready digital learning assets drawn from critically acclaimed PBS programs and expert content contributors.
TAKE ACTION (what you need to do!)
- Evaluate the video resources you have downloaded or copied from Learn360, deleting or destroying Learn360 national content (content that is NOT local content) by August 31, 2017.
- The national content provided by Learn360 will NO LONGER be available to SC educators through ETV after August 31, 2017. You will be in violation of copyright if you keep these after this deadline. Therefore, if content you have downloaded or copied that is NOT on the “locally-produced” content list or has an ETV copyright, you need to delete/destroy it.
- “Local” refers to programs and series produced by ETV or by ETV with other entities. In addition, some national content that we have rights to continue to offer will still be available. Examples: Detective Bonz and the SC History Mystery, A Literary Tour of SC, Carolina Stories, Healthy Hannah, Palmetto Heritage, Idella Bodie’s SC Women, NatureScene, South Carolina Geography, Cursive Handwriting, Letter TV, and PD on a variety of subjects
- If you have downloaded or copied ETV “local” programs/series, you may keep these for educational use. These do not have to be deleted or erased. List of programs/series that you may keep: http://legacy.scetv.org/education/streamlinesc/
IN SUMMARY (what you need to remember!)
- ETV has many services SC educators can utilize! ETV Education is currently beta testing our newest service – LearningWhy, offering complete preK-12 lessons for one-to-one environments. The full version should be ready fall 2017. And, we continue to provide quality PD through our online Teacher Courses and our face-to-face trainings for schools and districts.
VISIT: scetv.org/education to find out more about our services available to SC educators.
- Even though Learn360 content base in StreamlineSC is ending, SC educators have FREE access to “local” content and some national content in the “StreamlineSC Collection” found in Knowitall.org and more content is being added every day. Plus, national content is still available free in PBS LearningMedia.
- Any files of Learn360 content that SC educators have downloaded/copied from the site need to be deleted/erased by August 31, 2017. (Only ‘local’ content may be kept. List is provided on StreamlineSC homepage: http://legacy.scetv.org/education/streamlinesc/)
- And, do check out the new ETV Education site where you’ll find K-12 content and PD information along with the latest news in the ETV Education blog. VISIT: scetv.org/education
QUESTIONS or CONCERNS (please contact us!)
(Toll-free) 800-277-3245 (Local) 803-737-3245 firstname.lastname@example.org