I am the child of educators. Both of my parents were teachers. My mother was an elementary teacher and my father was a high school Biology teacher. I followed in my daddy's footsteps and graduated from Auburn University with a BS in Secondary Education with majors in Biology & English.
Before coming to SCETV, I taught in K-12 schools for 13 years. Throughout my 13 year teaching career I served in a number of districts in Georgia and South Carolina. While I really enjoyed teaching Biology, I also have experience teaching Chemistry, Physical Science, Earth Science, English, 8th grade Math, Algebra I, Algebra II and Geometry. I also have experience homeschooling my two girls and working in Youth Services at Richland County Public Library.
I started working at SCETV in October 2005 as an Instructional Technology Specialist. Each year I help over 3,000 SC teachers learn ways to integrate technology into their lessons. I also serve on the board for South Carolina Association for Educational Technology (SCAET) and have served on the FETC Presenter Proposal Review Committee for the 2019 & 2020 Conferences.
“Technology will not replace great teachers but technology in the hands of great teachers can be transformational.” - George Couros
Provided Presentations at these Conferences:
- Midlands Summit
- NETA/CPB Conference
- SC Association for Middle Level Education Conference
- SC Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- SC Association of School Administrators Conference
- SC Association of School Librarians Conference
- SC Association of Teacher Educators
- SC Council for the Social Studies
- SC Council of Teachers of English Conference
- SC Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference
- SC Ed Tech Conference
- SC Homeschool Convention
- SC International Reading Association Conference
- SC Public Charter School Conference
- SC School Boards Association Conference
- SC Science Council Conference
- Upstate Technology Conference