Do You Have an Eldercare Plan?
Tuesday - September 11, 2012 at 07:52 am
Today approximately 13% of the U.S. population is over age 65. By 2030, projections show that approximately 20% of the U.S. population will be over age 65. Why are these numbers important? Because three out of four Americans will need some type of long-term care assistance during their lifetimes.
Mike Switzer interviews Michael Baughman, a certified financial planner with Abacus Planning Group in Columbia.
1. National Council on Aging
2. National Alliance for Care Giving
3. National Association of Geriatric Care Managers
4. Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
5. Fivewishes.org Resource for living wills
6. National Clearinghouse for Long Term Care
7. National Elder Law Foundation
8. Retirementcommunity.com: locator for different types of retirement communities
9. The Conversation Project is dedicated to helping people talk
about their wishes for end-of-life care.
10. AARP.com/relationships/care giving-resource-center: comprehensive list of Q&A for
visiting a retirement community