"In Our Schools" Features Finalists in Teacher of the Year Program
For Immediate Release
April 9, 2013
In Our Schools will feature the five outstanding educators who are finalists in the SC Department of Education's Teacher of the Year Program, April 28 at 1:00 p.m. on ETV.
These finalists were selected from nominees representing 81 local school districts, the South Carolina School for the Deaf and the Blind, the Department of Juvenile Justice, the Palmetto Unified School district, and the South Carolina Public Charter School District.
The finalists are:
• Lisa O. McCrea-Raiford, an elementary grades teacher at the Center of Innovative Learning at Pinecrest, Aiken County Public School District
• Darleen S. Sutton, a first grade teacher at Pickens Elementary School, School District of Pickens County
• Paul D. Johnson, a biology teacher at Saluda High School, Saluda County Schools
• Trevor T. Ivey, a science teacher at Alice Drive Middle School, Sumter School District
• Jeffrey M. Venables, a chemistry teacher at Northwestern High School, Rock Hill Schools (York County District Three)
In Our Schools will offer interviews and information on each of the finalists just days prior to when the winner is announced on May 1, 2013. Following that announcement, ETV will air the 2013 Teacher of the Year Celebration on May 12 at 1:30 p.m.
In Our Schools is a series produced by the South Carolina Department of Education and ETV that focuses on positive educational initiatives in public schools.
South Carolina ETV is the state's public educational broadcasting network with 11 television and eight radio transmitters, and a multi-media educational system in more than 2,500 schools, colleges, businesses and government agencies. Using television, radio and the web, SCETV's mission is to enrich lives by educating children, informing and connecting citizens, celebrating our culture and environment and instilling the joy of learning.