Making It Grow 9-10-2013
On this episode of Making It Grow!, host Amanda McNulty is joined by Terasa Young in the chat room. On this episode, Dr. John Nelson has a mystery plant that is a tropical species. This plant is pretty, but is one of the worse weeds in Florida right now. On the featured segment meet Chef Vivian Howard from SCETV Presents A Chef’s Life. Watch this new show on ETV on Thursdays at 9:00 pm EST. For on-demand episodes, go to the ETV Video Channel.
This week's guests include: Vicky Bertagnolli, horticulture agent from Lexington, S.C. and Durant Ashmore from Durant Ashmore Landscape Nursery
Tune in to the on-demand show for some of the live questions.
1. I got rid of the bagworms I found on my tree leaves. Are these worms coming out of the tree? How can I completely remove them?
2. I have two crepe myrtle trees. One blooms fine, but the other blooms later and is not doing well. What can I do?
3. I have a Bougainvillea. Last year it bloomed well and this year there were no blooms at all. What happened?
4. I have a 3 1/2 foot lime tree loaded down with limes. They are green now, but when is the right time to remove the limes?
5. Something is lopping off my shasta daisies at the ground level and leaving the flower. What could it be?