Making It Grow 11-19-2013
Making it Grow! with host Amanda McNulty. Teresa Young, a natural resources agent from Florence, S.C., answers questions online in the Facebook chat room. Dr. John Nelson shares a mystery tree that is very popular and has lemon-yellow leaves right now. On this week's featured segment, we visit Stan McKenzie’s Fruit Farm in Scranton, SC.
This week's guests include: Millie Davenport, Clemson Horticulture Agent, and Cory Tanner, Clemson Horticulture Agent from Greenville, join Amanda on the panel. Denise Brewer, from Martin Nursery in Greenville, shares door baskets for different seasons and demonstrates how you can create your own door basket.
Tune in to the on-demand show for some of the live questions.
1. Something is eating my collard plants, do you know what type of insect?
2. I'm using Weed and Feed on my grass, but it's not controlling the weeds and my grass is brown.
3. I have a four year old pineapple that I rooted. It has never grown a pineapple?
4. What can I do about pigweed growing where my horses graze?
5. I have a pomegranate tree that has grown too close to the house, can I cut it back now?
6. What can I do about sandburs in my yard?
7. I planted about fifty Leyland Cypresses, what's the next step to ensure healthy growth?
8. I have overgrown boxwoods and holly bushes. Is it too late to prune now?
9. My pecan trees are full of spider webs. How can I control them next year?
10. My hydrangea bush froze solid and the leaves are burnt. Will it come back?
11. The past two years, my vegetable garden has not been flourishing when it had been doing fine for years? What do you think happened?