Making It Grow 10-1-2013
On this episode of Making It Grow!, host Amanda McNulty is joined by Terasa Young in the chat room. Dr. John Nelson's mystery plant this week is a beautiful, but invasive, vine he found in Chester. For the feature segment, MIG traveled to Sumter, S.C. to watch as students learned about canning and preserving food.
This week's guests: Amanda was joined on the panel by Reesy Lyerly from Gardening for Good in Greenville and Clemson agent Mark Arena. On the side counter, Jackie Moore from the South Carolina Speciality Food Association, brought a special guest. Daisy Cook, from Home Style Goods, who talks about a special sauce and how you can use this healthy sauce with your favorite foods.
Tune in to the on-demand show for some of the live questions.
1. I have two kiwi vines that are eight years old. One is male and the other female, but they have never bloomed. Why?
2. I noticed some lice on the bottom of my cabbage leaves. What can I spray them with?
3. Something is chewing completely through the stems of my young collard plants. Any ideas?
4. Is the fall a good time of year to plant a deciduous tree like an apple tree?
5. I have an orange tree I planted eight years ago. Is there anything I can do to make the oranges sweeter?
6. I have these moles digging holes in my yard. What's the best way to get rid of this rodent?