Educational Technology, formally Network Technical Services (NTS) provides hands-on technical assistance to the states public schools including the planning, installation and maintenance of equipment to receive ITV/ETV programs. Educational Technology equips and maintains all of the DES (Digital Education Services) centers, formally known as Distance Education Learning Centers, that are operated by the local school districts. Educational Technology also maintains satellite reception equipment at public schools, higher education institutions, public service network member sites and numerous state and local government sites. Educational Technology now supports IP Streaming technologies that are currently being installed in various areas of the state.
If you are having a problem with your reception and you are a public school or member institution:
If you are having a problem with your home or cable reception, contact ETV's Broadcast Operations.
Please note our new Phone Support Hours:
Monday - Friday (9:00am - 3:30pm)
In-State long distance: 1-800-922-4848
Local and Out-of-State: 1-803-737-3360
Media Center Resources
- The One Place Portal
- Contact Your Local DES
- Troubleshoot your Satellite or BDS Problem
- Equipment Lists for School Media Center Studios
- Media Links
- Take a look back at classroom TV's (PDF 1.5MB)
DES Resources and STATE CONTRACTS for AV Equipment
- Broadcast Origination Sites (Sites that can broadcast to ETV in Columbia)
- Origination Sites Standard Operating Procedure (PDF)
- Sony RDR-HX900 Basic Operating Guide (PDF)
- State Contracts and Vendors - NEW CONTRACTS !!!