The Greater Columbia Shrinkdown
ETV'S MASCOT, SMART CAT, TO JOIN THE GREATER COLUMBIA SHRINKDOWN KICKOFF PLEDGING "FEWER CAT NAPS, MORE JUMPING JACKS," SMART CAT HEADS TO THE COLONIAL CENTER ON MONDAY, JAN. 8 BEGINNING AT 12:15 P.M.
This past summer, longtime ETV mascot, and former flabby tabby SMART CAT, committed to a new health regimen that includes more fruits and veggies and lots more physical
activity. Kids throughout the state were treated to frequent on-air promos showing them
how they could get up off the couch and move with him. The result: after months of activity and better food choices, the former flabby tabby turned into the the fit kitty he now is. Through frequent anecdotal material, ETV staff learned that kids are delighting in joining SMART CAT as he exercises on-camera throughout the day, and that as a direct result of SMART CAT, the kids were being transformed from couch potatoes to the cat's meow.
WHO: ETV's mascot SMART CAT
WHAT: Will be appearing at The Greater Columbia Shrinkdown to workout with kids of all ages
WHEN: Monday, Jan. 8, 2007
- At 12:15 p.m. SMART CAT will warming the crowd up with members of City Year, organization of civic-minded young people
- 1:15 p.m. SMART CAT will be tipping the scales, paws down, as he joins the crowd for their official weigh-in
- 2:15 p.m. SMART CAT will submit his furry upperarm to blood-pressure cuff
- 3:15 p.m. SMART CAT will be motivating newcomers to exercise via jumping jacks and kitty jacks for the younger set
- 4:15 p.m. SMART CAT greets afterschoolers with a SC State Department of Education approved exercise routine
Thereafter, until 7 p.m., SMART CAT will periodically appear to cheer on the crowds who have gathered.
WHERE: The Colonial Center, Columbia
WHY: As ETV's mascot, whose mission is to assist children in becoming healthier through their food choices and physical activity, Smart Cat is familiar to the thousands of children--and their caretakers--who tune in each day to ETV's daytime programming
For more information about Smart Cat contact: Cameron Risher, (803) 737-3260 or firstname.lastname@example.org