What is DES?
DES -Digital Education Services facilities stream multiple live video streams within local school districts. ETV and the State Department of Education have a strong partnership with all the states public school districts.
DES personnel are assigned by district. The DES personnel oversee the innovative automated streaming systems and processes.
DES Roles and Responsibilities:
- market and train all school staff and teachers on where to access ETV/ITV resources and how to use ETV's OnePlaceSC portal and IP technologies.
- provide duplicates of programs in various media formats. i.e. DVD and video file formats
- assure all copyright guidelines are met.
- manage local streaming, DES district personnel can record off-air or local originated programs and archive for video-on-demand.
- provide utilization reporting that summarizes who, what, when and where videos are utilized.
- assist districts with ETV IP streaming systems with live remote streaming hook-ups and archiving.
- be the communication link and liaison between the district, ETV and the State Department of Education
Each district will be responsible for providing a point of contact. .
We realize each existing DES and District have unique needs and operations, and over the years ETV and SCDE have become dependent on local district operators facilitating those needs.
If you have any questions please contact Dean Byrd to find DES solutions that are right for your community:
ETV - K12 Education
1101 George Rogers Blvd.
PO Box 11000
Columbia, SC 29201