IPETV DISTRICT WIDE STREAMING MEDIA SERVICE
PROVIDES ACCOUNTABLE EDUCATION FOR YOUR DISTRICT FOR
ETV’s IPETV District Wide Streaming Media Service allows computers within your school district to receive educational course content and professional development live and as video-on-demand. The system serves every school in your district. Your district can also originate local programs to include in your district’s video asset library. Because the streaming media originates within your district network, the bandwidth requirements are greatly reduced.
- ITV and ETV K12 programming that is correlated to state or national standards. Your district’s local content can also be added.
- Districts’ ability to record, organize and playback broadcast programs on demand.
- Website TV guides that allow teachers to view content from ETV, ITV, PBS Kids, PBS, SC Channel, and your local offerings.
- Teachers can enhance the use of interactive whiteboards (SmartBoard, Panaboard, Promethean, etc.) and other technologies in the classroom.
- Installation of the IPETV District Wide Streaming Media Service reduces your district’s new school construction costs by eliminating the need for a coaxial RF network for your television media.
- This Streaming Media Service integrates into ETV’s OnePlaceSC Educational Portal which is already available to all teachers in SC.
The IPETV District Wide Streaming Media Service can be installed during the 2010-11 school year. The system includes a StreamlineSC server, Portal Server, video-on-demand server, 8 terabytes of initial storage capacity (RAID 5 w/HotSwap), expandable digital media encoder, all associated hardware and software, installation and training.
ETV staff is available to meet with your district instructional and IT management team.
For more information or to order the IPETV District Wide Streaming Media Service, contact: