Stan McKenzie of McKenzie Farms in Scranton, SC joins us at "Making It Grow" and shows us how to graft citrus trees. On his farm, Stan grows over 40 varieties of cold hardy...
Plant-Based Powered Mac and Cheese
Nutritionist Trisha Mandes, MPHN joins us on "Making It Grow" and shares tips on healthy weight loss. One example is incorporating healthy plant-based meals like Plant-Based Powered Mac and Cheese into your diet. Plant-Based Powered Mac and Cheese Sauce by Miyoko Schinner of The Homemade Vegan Pantry: The Art of Making Your Own Staples and pasta dish recreated by Nutritionist, Trisha Mandes, MPHN of www.TrishaMandes.com
Powdered Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
3/4 C nutritional yeast
3/4 C oat flour 1/4 C tapioca flour
1 T paprika 2 tsp salt 2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp sugar 1 tsp powdered mustard
Pasta Ingredients: 100% whole grain pasta (whole wheat or brown rice or other)
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets 2 cups almond milk Instructions for making powdered cheese mix:
1. Place all powdered cheese ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Mix with a whisk until equally mixed.
2. Put in an airtight container, label it and store in the cupboard.
Instructions for making the mac and cheese:
1. Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package.
2. Steam broccoli.
3. To make cheese sauce, bring almond milk and 2/3 cups of powdered cheese mix to a boil in a saucepan while vigorously whisking to blend it together.
As soon as it comes to a boil immediately remove it from heat, and continue whisking.
4. Place cooked pasta, broccoli and cheese sauce in a large bowl and toss until evenly coated with cheese.
Then plate and enjoy.