In this segment from Carolina Classrooms: Making College Affordable, Scott Verzyl, Vice President for Enrollment Management and Dean for Undergraduate Admissions at the...
ETV StreamlineSC Service Update
January 13, 2017 - Posted in Education by Dean Byrd
- Since 2004, ETV has provided a wealth of free digital media content to SC schools through our StreamlineSC service, including state-specific content developed by ETV as well as national content provided by partners.
- Due to funding decreases and new ETV services on the horizon, StreamlineSC will offer only our ‘local’ state-developed content AFTER the end of the 2016-17 school year.
- The excellent national content provided by current partner Learn360 will continue to be available until August 2017.
- Learn360 is working with the state to become a state vendor; districts and schools that would like to continue with Learn360 after the state contract expires can work with them for pricing.
- StreamlineSC ‘local’ state-developed content will continue to be available so these series and programs that SC educators have downloaded or copied may be kept. A list of these ‘local’ series and programs that do not have to be deleted will be provided online.
- In addition to StreamlineSC content, ETV encourages educators to access the free multimedia content of:
Offers 80,000+ research-based, classroom-ready digital learning assets drawn from critically acclaimed PBS programs and expert content contributors.
Offers SC media content created by ETV for K-12 students, teachers, and parents. Much of the content has been recently optimized for tablets and mobile devices with more to come.
- ETV continues our dedication to SC educators by providing services educators tell us they need.
- ETV Education is currently beta testing our newest service – LearningWhy (make this a link… http://learningwhy.org), offering complete preK-12 lessons for one-to-one environments. The full version should be ready for fall 2017.
- We continue to provide quality professional development through our online Teacher Courses and our face-to-face trainings.
- Visit scetv.org/education to learn more about our services available to SC educators.
- Learn360 content remains available in StreamlineSC until August 2017.
- Any files of Learn360 content that teachers have downloaded from the site need to be deleted by August 2017. (Only ‘local’ SC-developed content may be kept. List of these program/series will be provided online.)
Questions/concerns? Please contact us at:
- (Toll-free) 800-277-3245 (Local) 803-737-3245