Teachers, woohoo, school’s out - time to sleep in! And maybe to cut back on coffee... But it’s not time to cut back on learning, and this summer you’re the student! Get going...
ETV StreamlineSC Service Update
January 13, 2017 - Posted in Education by D. Byrd
- Since 2004, ETV has provided a wealth of free digital media content to SC schools through our StreamlineSC service, including state-specific content developed by ETV as well as national content provided by partners.
- Due to funding decreases and new ETV services on the horizon, StreamlineSC will offer only our ‘local’ state-developed content AFTER the end of the 2016-17 school year.
- The excellent national content provided by current partner Learn360 will continue to be available until August 2017.
- Learn360 is working with the state to become a state vendor; districts and schools that would like to continue with Learn360 after the state contract expires can work with them for pricing.
- StreamlineSC ‘local’ state-developed content will continue to be available so these series and programs that SC educators have downloaded or copied may be kept. A list of these ‘local’ series and programs that do not have to be deleted will be provided online.
- In addition to StreamlineSC content, ETV encourages educators to access the free multimedia content of:
Offers 80,000+ research-based, classroom-ready digital learning assets drawn from critically acclaimed PBS programs and expert content contributors.
Offers SC media content created by ETV for K-12 students, teachers, and parents. Much of the content has been recently optimized for tablets and mobile devices with more to come.
- ETV continues our dedication to SC educators by providing services educators tell us they need.
- ETV Education is currently beta testing our newest service – LearningWhy (make this a link… http://learningwhy.org), offering complete preK-12 lessons for one-to-one environments. The full version should be ready for fall 2017.
- We continue to provide quality professional development through our online Teacher Courses and our face-to-face trainings.
- Visit scetv.org/education to learn more about our services available to SC educators.
- Learn360 content remains available in StreamlineSC until August 2017.
- Any files of Learn360 content that teachers have downloaded from the site need to be deleted by August 2017. (Only ‘local’ SC-developed content may be kept. List of these program/series will be provided online.)
Questions/concerns? Please contact us at:
- (Toll-free) 800-277-3245 (Local) 803-737-3245