Carolina Classrooms is ETV’s monthly educational series for teachers, parents and all citizens invested in the education of our children. On Wednesday, May 31 at 7:00-8:00 p...
Blended Learning: Making Your Classroom Interactive + Other ETV PD
Blended Learning: Making Your Classroom Interactive is a week-long, hands-on, 60 renewal credit, Summer class offered by ETV. Educators will discover free webtools and apps to create an interactive unit of study for their specific subject and grade level, using the technology that is available in their classroom. Teachers will create instructional videos and digital assessments and will learn ways to digitally share these with their students and parents.
COST for Summer Week-long Technology Class (60 renewal credits):
- For a teacher taking available “seat” in nearby district’s training - $225. Register here.
- For a teacher participating in ETV Columbia location - $225. Register here.
- For teachers in “hosting” district providing one of these courses, talk with your District Renewal/PD Coordinator.
Scheduled Classes (Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm):
* June 5-9, Barnwell 45, Barnwell Elem., 10524 Marlboro Ave., Barnwell, SC 29812
* June 19-23, Johnsonville Elem.
* June 26-30, ETV Studios, 1041 George Rogers Blvd., Columbia, SC (next to USC football stadium)
Sample of Topics for the Week:
Communication, Content and Cloud Storage; Creating Instructional Videos; Assessment Tools; More Webtools & iPad Apps; and MORE engaging tech topics! VIEW Details here.
iBloom: Using the Internet and iPads to support Bloom’s Taxonomy
July 1-August 4, Northwood Academy, 104 Charger Drive, Summerville, SC 29486
Sample Topics: Creativity, Flipping, Collaboration, Videos, Web tools, Apps, and more engaging tech topics! View Details here.
Quotes from 2016 Summer Training:
“I absolutely loved the fact that this entire class was hand-on. I gained so much information to assist with our blended learning initiative.”
“This class was most DEFINITELY worth my time. I learned so much about how to incorporate web tools and apps in easy, efficient ways for the upcoming school year.”
Questions? Donna Thompson, email@example.com (If you do not hear back from Donna with 2 days, please resend!) OR call 803-338-1384 (If she does not answer, please leave a message.)
OTHER Upcoming PD:
- ETV is offering ONE or TWO day customized professional development this summer to SC schools and districts. Choose from seven different full-day, FREE classes on a variety of technology devices and topics, including Webtools for Teachers, iPads in the Classroom, Assessment Tools, Google, and Microsoft. Talk with your schools administrators now about setting up one or two day training! Learn more.
- Back-to-school workshops are available for schools and districts! Contact ETV now to set up a training in August or fall 2017. These workshops are free for SC public, charter, private, and home schools. We invite school administrators to look at ETV PD Workshop offerings and contact ETV Education to set up a workshop for your teachers. Learn more.
For more information on Summer ONE/TWO day PD or Back-to-school workshops, contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org or Debbie at email@example.com. Or you may call ETV Education at 803-737-3245 or 1-800-277-3245 (toll free).
We look forward to continuing to support you and your teachers!