Each year ETV Education surveys SC teachers, staff and administrators to learn best how to serve you. Based on educator input, ETV has created LearningWhy with complete...
Teacher Recertification – Earn Credit by June 30th or Later in Summer - Register by May 8th!
ETV Teacher Recertification offers South Carolina teachers a variety of online, self-paced courses approved by SDE for 20 renewal credits. SPRING II session ends June 13. Credit earned in this session will meet SC teacher’s recertification needs by June 30th renewal cycle deadline. Register for SPRING II session by end of day May 8th … Or …
Don’t need credit by June 30th renewal cycle deadline? Then plan to register for the SUMMER session that starts July 1 and ends August 22. Registration for SUMMER session will be open June 6 to July 11.
ETV Teacher Recertification Courses:
- Approved for 20 renewal credits each by SDE (NO graduate credit)
- Facilitated online; self-paced (work from anywhere 24/7; complete by session END date)
- Enroll in one to six courses per session (each course takes at least 15 hours to complete)
- General format: @10 hrs. viewing video lessons, @5 hrs. responding to discussion topic ?s
- 55 courses: ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies, The Arts, Career Ed, Environmental Ed, & more!
- NEW Making Connections with Natural History Featuring Rudy Mancke, Series I*
- Popular Safe Schools courses (bullying & cyber safety) – elementary OR middle/high level
- Cost: $75 per course
- Register online and pay online by credit card or send check
*Making Connections with Natural History Featuring Rudy Mancke, Series I, added in March 2016, is a 20 renewal credit course designed for SC teachers of all grade levels, in all subject areas. Assists teachers with making connections through natural history to engage learners - another opportunity to learn from Naturalist Mancke! (You may take this course if you earned credit for Natural History In and Out of the Classroom for 60 renewal credits. Content is different.)
Here’s When to Register and Session Dates:
SPRING II – Register now thru May 8. MUST complete work by June 13 to earn credit by June 30th
SUMMER – Register June 6 thru July 11. Session starts July 1 and ends August 22 (deadline to complete)
Here’s Where to Find Info (course list, descriptions) and Register/Pay:
Here’s What Teachers Said:
-About Safe Schools course: “Have taken several online courses to keep my certificate valid and found this to be one of the best … videos all on topic and very worthwhile. Reading others’ posts added to the interest. I’d recommend … has opened my eyes to seriousness of bullying.”
-About Teaching Reading: K-2 Workshop course: “The course was effective in enhancing my knowledge and … reaffirmed what I do with children in the teaching of reading. Great teaching strategies I can implement to move students forward … favorite parts were videos of teachers working with students … like seeing strategies at work.”
Here’s How to Contact Us - Questions or Assistance with Registering:
Call toll free 1-888-761-8132 / 1-800-277-3245 OR local 737-9915 / 737-3245