National Public Radio (NPR) is partnering with Education Week on a reporting project launching this week. The project is a series of stories about educating black teenage...
Annual Literacy Leader Awards: Nomination Deadline May 2
Annual Literacy Leaders (ALL) Awards Nominations Committee is seeking nominations for the 2016 awards program.
ALL awards are presented by the School of Library and Information Science (SLIS) at the University of South Carolina in the fall of each year to individuals and/or groups that have had a statewide impact on literacy in South Carolina.
Their contributions can include the following kinds of activities:
• developing and implementing innovative and creative approaches to literacy education;
• establishing models of best practices in literacy education;
• providing service to underserved groups and communities;
• providing funding and support for these kinds of programs; or
• making other statewide contributions deemed appropriate by the Committee.
Recipients may be any individuals, agencies, organizations or corporations with a local presence in South Carolina, regardless of their primary place of residence or corporate headquarters.
Nominations should take the form of a one page letter summarizing the statewide impact of the nominee with respect to the award criteria. Nominations should be received no later than May 2, 2016.
Please email ALL Awards and Peggy Parish Prize nominations to Dr. Curtis R. Rogers, Chair of the ALL Nominations Committee at email@example.com and Kim Jeffcoat, Executive Director, SC Center for Children’s Books and Literacy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View flyer with more information here.